Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: pédagogue
Audio (US) (file)
pedagogue (plural pedagogues)
- A teacher or instructor of children; one whose occupation is to teach the young.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling. In Six Volumes, volume (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: Printed by A[ndrew] Millar, […], OCLC 928184292:
- Jones chid the pedagogue for his interruption, and then the stranger proceeded.
- A pedant; one who by teaching has become overly formal or pedantic in his or her ways; one who has the manner of a teacher.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Goldsmith to this entry?)
- (historical, Ancient Greece) A slave who led the master's children to school, and had the charge of them generally.
- To teach.
pedagogue m (plural pedagogues)
- pedagogue, one who teaches a child