Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: pédagogue
Audio (US) (file)
pedagogue (plural pedagogues)
- A teacher or instructor of children; one whose occupation is to teach the young.
- A pedant; one who by teaching has become overly formal or pedantic in his or her ways; one who has the manner of a teacher.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Goldsmith to this entry?)
- (historical, Ancient Greece) A slave who led the master's children to school, and had the charge of them generally.
pedagogue m (plural pedagogues)
- pedagogue, one who teaches a child