Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈpɜː.sə.nə.li/, /ˈpɜːs.nə.li/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈpɝ.sə.nə.li/, /ˈpɝs.nə.li/
- In a personal manner.
- In person.
- 1918, W[illiam] B[abington] Maxwell, chapter XIX, in The Mirror and the Lamp, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, →OCLC:
- Nothing was too small to receive attention, if a supervising eye could suggest improvements likely to conduce to the common welfare. Mr. Gordon Burnage, for instance, personally visited dust-bins and back premises, accompanied by a sort of village bailiff, going his round like a commanding officer doing billets.
- 1956 , Johanna Spyri, Heidi, translation of original by Eileen Hall, page 84:
- 'There's a boy here who wants to speak to Miss Clara personally,' he announced.
- Concerning oneself.
- I'm really annoyed with her, personally.
- As a person.
- I like you personally, but as a colleague you have yet to do well.
in a personal manner