rosette (plural rosettes)
- An imitation of a rose by means of ribbon or other material, used especially as an ornament or a badge.
- (architecture) An ornament in the form of a rose or roundel, much used in decoration.
- A red color.
- A rose burner.
- (botany) One or more whorls of leaves, clustered tightly at the base of a plant.
- (botany) A plant growth form in which the plant grows outward in all directions for a short distance, producing a small round shape.
- (zoology) Any structure having a flowerlike form; especially, the group of five broad ambulacra on the upper side of the spatangoid and clypeastroid sea urchins.
- (zoology) A flowerlike color marking, as on the leopard.
- A floral pattern in latte art.
- (medicine) A clustered formation of tumor cells.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
rosette f (plural rosettes)
- “rosette” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- plural of