Jump to navigation Jump to search
- roundle (archaic)
roundel (plural roundels)
- Anything having a round form; a round figure; a circle.
- (music) A roundelay or rondelay.
- A small circular shield, sometimes not more than a foot in diameter, used by soldiers in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
- 1786, Francis Grose, A Treatise on Ancient Armour and Weapons, page 26:
- (heraldry) A circular spot; a charge in the form of a small coloured circle.
- (aviation) a circular insignia painted on an aircraft to identify its nationality or service.
- Synonym: cockade
- A bastion of a circular form.
anything having a round form
music: a roundelay or rondelay
a small circular shield, sometimes not more than a foot in diameter
heraldry: a circular spot; a charge in the form of a small coloured circle
aviation: a circular insignia painted on an aircraft to identify its nationality or service
a bastion of a circular form
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked