Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 Italian
- 4 Norwegian Bokmål
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: spô, IPA(key): /spɔː/
- (General American) enPR: spôr, IPA(key): /spɔɹ/
- (rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) enPR: spōr, IPA(key): /spo(ː)ɹ/
- (non-rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /spoə/
- Homophone: spoor (accents with the pour–poor merger)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)
spore (plural spores)
- A reproductive particle, usually a single cell, released by a fungus, alga, or plant that may germinate into another.
- A thick resistant particle produced by a bacterium or protist to survive in harsh or unfavorable conditions.
resistant particle produced by bacterium or protist
- To produce spores.
- spore (reproductive particle)
- spore (resistant particle produced by bacterium or protist)
- spur (a rigid implement, often roughly y-shaped, that is fixed to one's heel for purpose of prodding a horse)
- spur (anything that inspires or motivates, as a spur does to a horse)
- spur (an appendage or spike pointing rearward, near the foot, for instance that of a rooster)
Inflection of spore
- spur (to prod)
- spur (to urge or encourage to action, or to a more vigorous pursuit of an object; to incite; to stimulate; to instigate; to impel; to drive)
- trace (to follow the trail of)
- scent (to detect the scent of)
- feel, notice, perceive
- plural of
From the noun spor
- “spore” in The Bokmål Dictionary.