Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The quality or fact of being subtle.
- With all his usual subtlety, he quietly fixed the problem before anyone else noticed it.
- (countable) An instance of being subtle, a subtle thing, especially a subtle argument or distinction.
- The subtleties of this overture are often overlooked.
- (countable) An ornate medieval illusion dish or table decoration, especially when made from one thing but crafted to look like another.
- At the king's coronation feast, several subtleties were served between main courses.
quality or act of being subtle
an instance of being subtle
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.