- Present participle of trill.
trilling (plural trillings)
- (obsolete) One of three children born at the same birth; a triplet.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Wright to this entry?)
- (crystallography) A compound crystal consisting of three individuals.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Hyphenation: tril‧ling
- triplet (one of three siblings born at the same time of the same mother)
- “trilling” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.