Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|< 11||12||13 >|
| Cardinal : twelve
Ordinal : twelfth
twelfth (not comparable)
- (ordinal) The ordinal form of the number twelve, describing a person or thing in position number 12 of a sequence.
- The answer appears on the twelfth page of the book.
- She finished twelfth in the race.
ordinal form of the number twelve
twelfth (plural twelfths)
- (fractional) One of twelve equal parts of a whole.
- A twelfth of 240 is 20.
- Five twelfths of the population voted in support of the proposal.
- (music) An interval equal to an octave plus a fifth
one of twelve equal parts of a whole