Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Britain, intransitive) To clean the utensils, dishes etc. used in preparing and eating a meal.
- Dinner has just finished, so go and wash up.
- (US, intransitive) To wash one's hands and/or face, often around mealtimes.
- Dinner is almost ready, so go and wash up.
- (intransitive, of water) To carry an object to land.
- The whale was washed up on the beach.
clean utensils, dishes, etc. — see do the dishes
wash one's hands and/or face (US)
be carried on to land by water
- Something or somebody that is washed up