Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Whirlpool
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈwɝlpul/, /ˈhwɝlpul/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈwɜːlpuːl/
- Hyphenation: whirl‧pool
whirlpool (plural whirlpools)
- A swirling body of water.
- A whirlpool is an instance of a vortex produced by ocean tides, or by a hole underneath where the water would drain out, such as in a bathtub.
- A hot tub, jacuzzi.
- Turmoil, or agitated excitement.
swirling body of water
jacuzzi — see jacuzzi
- To spin like the water in a whirlpool.