Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To destroy (especially, a large number of people or things); to obliterate.
- To physically erase something written.
- To do away with; to cause to disappear
- 2012 April 23, Angelique Chrisafis, “François Hollande on top but far right scores record result in French election”, in the Guardian:
- The leftist Jean-Luc Mélenchon, who had dominated headlines in recent weeks with rousing open-air rallies against capitalism, took about 11% and failed in his ultimate aim of beating Le Pen and wiping out the extreme right.
- (intransitive) To crash, fall over (especially in board sports such as surfing, skateboarding etc.)
- See also Thesaurus:destroy
to destroy or obliterate