Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also buddha
Alternative forms 
- buddha (senses 2 and 3 only)
- Rhymes: -ʊdə, Rhymes: -uːdə
- (UK) enPR: bo͝odə, IPA: /bʊdə/, X-SAMPA: /bUd@/ (more faithful)
- (US) enPR: bo͞odə, IPA: /buːdə/, X-SAMPA: /bu:d@/ (more Anglicized)
- IPA: /bʊdːʰə/ (only in technical contexts) – approximation of Hindustani [ˈbʊdːʱə], which features a geminate ‘d’ and breathy voice on the second ‘d’, neither of which is idiomatic to English
Buddha (plural Buddhas)
- Shakyamuni Buddha, Nepalese spiritual and philosophical teacher and founder of Buddhism; Siddhartha Gautama.
- Any of the other Buddhas named in Buddhist scriptures.
- An enlightened or awakened sentient being.
- A statue or image of any Buddha.
- I love the Buddha in your living room – where did you get it?
Derived terms 
- (Buddhism) Buddha, the enlightened one.