Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A planet (in the historical sense): any of the seven major celestial bodies that move relative to the stars in the night sky; that is, the Sun, Venus, Mercury, the Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, or Mars.
- A sign of the Zodiac: any of the twelve constellations that constitute the Zodiac.
- Fortune, fate: that which happens to a given person at a given time, due supposedly to the positions of the planets in the Zodiac at that time and at the time of that person's birth.
- Luck, chance, fortune: that which happens due to chance rather than to planning.
- (specifically) Luck, good luck, good fortune.
- מַזָּל טוֹב (mazál tóv)
מזל • (mazel) m
- German: vermasseln