Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
big; great; huge; large; major; wide; deep; oldest; eldest; doctor
|suff. for nouns; head|
- Cantonese (Jyutping): daai6 tau4
- Hakka (Pha̍k-fa-sṳ): thai-thèu
- Min Nan
- Min Nan
- big head
- 大頭大頭，下雨不愁。人家有傘，你有大頭。 [MSC, trad.]
- 大头大头，下雨不愁。人家有伞，你有大头。 [MSC, simp.]
- From: Part of a well-known nursery rhyme. A child might use jingle this to make fun of another child with an unusually large head
- Dàtóu dàtóu, xiàyǔ bù chóu. Rénjiā yǒu sǎn, nǐ yǒu dàtóu. [Pinyin]
- Big head, big head, when it rains you're not worried it's said. Others have umbrellas, you have a big head.
|Kanji in this term|
|かしら > がしら
- (usually written with hiragana only) big head; person with a large head.
- decorative black flagpole tassel made from the hair of a yak’s tail, horse’s tail, ox tail, etc., or from hemp.
- leader of a group.
- (ornithology) puffbird (Bucconidae).
- (sports) the first makushita rikishi listed in the sumo banzuke.