to extend; to connect; to receive; to join
to bear; to stand; to endure; (passive marker); to receive
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): zip3 sau6
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): chiap-su
- Min Nan (POJ): chiap-siǔ / chiap-siū
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou)
- (Hokkien: mainstream Taiwanese, Xiamen, Zhangzhou)
- to accept (treatment, gift, punishment, etc.)
- to receive (education, honours, invitation, etc.)
接受教育 ― jiēshòu jiàoyù ― to receive education
Not to be confused with 接收 (jiēshōu) which has a similar reading in Mandarin but different meaning.