炅 (radical 86, 火+4, 8 strokes, cangjie input 日火 (AF), four-corner 60809, composition ⿱日火)
- 𭴽, 𥇏, 𧌚, 𨨋, 㷖, 𩓺, 𡨶, 𤉭, 𤍘, 𡼷/𤎚, 𢧾, 𤎷
Ideogrammic compound (會意): 火 (“fire”) + 日 (“sun”).
- (literary) bright; shining; brilliant
- A surname.
Found in various historical dictionaries such as Yupian 《玉篇》 (543 AD) and Longkan Shoujian 《龍龕手鑑》 (997 AD).
|For pronunciation and definitions of 炅 – see 炔 (“appearance of smoke”).|
(This character, 炅, is a variant form of 炔.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
炅 • (gyeong) (hangeul 경, revised gyeong, McCune–Reischauer kyŏng, Yale kyeng)
- Shining, glowing
- Brightening, illuminating
- A Korean family name (pronounced 계, Romanized as Gye or Kye)
- (When pronounced as Gye or Kye) appearance of smoke being formed from something that is burning