Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Internet) An online photo-sharing service, designed to mimic old-fashioned instant cameras.
an online photo-sharing service, designed to mimic old fashioned instant cameras
Instagram (plural Instagrams)
- (countable) A photograph shared on this service.
- To post an image to Instagram.
- 2013 July 5, Lyndsey Winship, “Mårten Spångberg, the bad boy of contemporary dance”, in The Guardian:
- The thinking goes that if the modern audience watches TV on laptops, while Instagramming and checking emails at the same time, why would contemporary artists ignore that and insist on trapping them in a silent black box for an hour?
- 2014 July 7, The Daily Caller, “Kim Kardashian Was Desperate To Leave The Hamptons So She Could Instagram”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name), Yahoo News:
- To digitally manipulate a photograph using filter effects.
- 2012, Jefferson Graham, Video Nation, →ISBN, page 160:
- To illustrate, I used B-roll of photos on the iPhone that were being “Instagrammed” (Figure 8.6) with fun filters along with screen captures of Instragram's No. 1 ranking in the iTunes App Store and the Apple website touting the iPhone 4S.
- 2013 May 31, Kory Stamper, “The Spelling Bee turns Twitter into our national sports bar”, in The Guardian:
- In a world where it is de rigueur to announce your wedding on Facebook and show the world artfully Instagrammed pictures of your appendectomy, it's no surprise that the Bee has a social media presence.
- 2014, Reenita Malhotra Hora, Operation Mom, →ISBN:
- There he was, staring cheekily into the camera for a perfectly instagrammed photo which had been touched up to show off his muscles, raw sex appeal and wild, unkempt hair.
- 2014, Rachael Chadwick, 60 Postcards: The inspirational story of a young woman's journey to celebrate her mother, one postcard at a time, →ISBN:
- The cameras were out and we were all trying to get pictures of each other, which we then spent a further half an hour trying to Instagram to make us look as good as possible