See also: martial
- A male given name narrowly applied to certain historic persons (but some of its foreign cognates are modern given names).
- Saint Martial was the first bishop of Limoges circa 250
- Anglicized cognomen or given name of the Roman poet Marcus Valerius Martialis, born in Spain in the first century AD and noted for his epigrams.
- Marcus and many descendants, e.g. Mark
- Martinus and many descendants, e.g. Martin
- martial arts
- martial law
male given name
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- A male given name, in continuous use (though not particularly popular).