See also: song
- (historical) A former dynasty in China, reigning from the end of the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms to the beginning of the Yuan.
Everyone sings the praises of Yue Fei, yet why couldn’t he save the Southern Song dynasty? ... Yue Fei was bent on preserving the Song, but he just couldn’t succeed, for in reality he was going against the will of Heaven. ― Li Hongzhi, Zhuan Falun Volume II
- (historical) A former empire in China, occupying the eastern half of modern China.
- (historical) The era of Chinese history during which the dynasty reigned.
- A surname.
- (geography) A river in Papua New Guinea.
- (geography) Various minor rivers in China.
Chinese Dynasty & Era
- Song in Duden online