Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) An act of religious worship.
- (uncountable) Admiration or esteem.
- 1891, Oscar Wilde, “Chapter 5”, in The Picture of Dorian Gray, London; New York, N.Y.; Melbourne, Vic.: Ward Lock & Co., OCLC 34363729:
- […] if she can create the sense of beauty in people whose lives have been sordid and ugly...she is worthy of all your adoration, worthy of the adoration of the world.
- (uncountable) The act of adoring; loving devotion or fascination.
- (historical) The selection of a pope by acclamation and before any formal ballot (excluded as a voting method in 1621 by Pope Gregory XV).
- (religion) Worship of Christ in the Eucharistic host in the Catholic Church, often while exposed in a monstrance.
an act of religious worship
admiration or esteem
the act of adoring
adoration f (plural adorations)