Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Chauffeur
- 1 English
- 2 Dutch
- 3 French
- 4 Spanish
chauffeur (plural chauffeurs)
- A person employed to drive a private motor car or a hired car of executive or luxury class (like a limousine).
- (firefighting) The driver of a fire truck.
- (both senses): driver
a person employed to drive a motor car
fire truck driver
- (intransitive) To be, or act as, a chauffeur (driver of a motor car).
- (transitive) To transport (someone) in a motor vehicle.
transitive: to transport someone in a motor car
- driver (person who drives a motorized vehicle, such as a car or a bus)
- Persian: شوفر (šufer) (borrowed)
- Polish: szofer (borrowed)
- Portuguese: chofer (borrowed)
- Russian: шофёр (šofjór) (borrowed)
- Serbo-Croatian: шо̀фе̄р m/šòfēr (borrowed)
- Spanish: chofer (borrowed)
- Swedish: chaufför (borrowed)
- “chauffeur” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
chauffeur m, f (plural chauffeurs or chauffeur)
- Alternative form of