Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkʊkɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkʊkə/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ʊkə(ɹ)
cooker (plural cookers)
- (chiefly Britain) A device for heating food, a stove.
- (chiefly Britain, except in compounds) An appliance or utensil for cooking food.
- A cooking apple.
- 2004, Laura Mason, Food Culture in Great Britain, page 94:
- For the British market, apples are classed as early, mid-season, or late, and subdivided into eaters or cookers.
Terms derived from cooker
device for heating food, stove
appliance or utensil for cooking
cooking apple — see cooking apple