Jump to navigation Jump to search
cupcake (plural cupcakes)
- A small cake baked in a paper container shaped like a cup, often with icing on top.
- (slang) An attractive young woman.
- 2006, Pynchon, Thomas, Against the Day, Vintage, published 2007, page 604:
- Whatever else this cupcake might be up to, she was no piker.
- (slang) A weak or effeminate man.
- Term of endearment.
- 2010, Kimberly Cates, The Perfect Match:
- “Listen, cupcake,” Cash tried to soothe. “Sometimes when grownups get mad, they say things they don't mean. I'm sure your mother—”
- (small cake): fairy cake queen cake butterfly cake
- (effeminate man): cockney, pansy, sissy; see also Thesaurus:effeminate man
- (attractive young woman): babe, fox, stunner; see also Thesaurus:beautiful woman
- (term of endearment): cabbage, heartmate, sweetie; see also Thesaurus:sweetheart
- (small cake, term of endearment): muffin
attractive young woman
weak or effeminate man
- (slang, intransitive) To flirt; to talk or act amorously or intimately.
- 2011, Deontra Woods, Blood, Sweat and Tears, page 102:
- I watched Brian as he drove off down the street. I turned and went back inside the studio and found Len at my desk. “I saw you and Brian cupcaking out there.”
- 2013, Michelle Robinson, Right Before My Eyes II, page 100:
- But I figured Najah was cupcaking with Johan, Chelsea was eating something that didn't match while Greg rubbed her feet, and Kalena wasn't in a space to talk or listen.
- 2014, Zaneeya S., Overcoming My Past, page 170:
- She said, “You're always Cupcaking.” I replied, “I'm not cupcaking. I'm enjoying my conversation so hush.” David and I would stay on the phone all night and talk. It was normal for us.
- 2015, Mahalia Levey, Promiscuous Wolf:
- “Luck is cupcaking on Myanna.”
His eyebrows shot up. “Cupcaking?”
“Old man.” She giggled. “Crushing. Your boy has a big time crush on Myanna.”
- 2018, Carlos Bayne, Napkin Nights: The Crunk Chronicles
- Let's review the tale of the tape: My best friend is being held hostage, I boosted his ride and mobile, then cupcaked with a heater-packing widow-maker.
cupcake m (plural cupcakes)