Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɾ
Inherited from Old Galician-Portuguese desfazer. By surface analysis, des- + fazer. Compare Galician desfacer, Spanish deshacer, Catalan desfer, French défaire, Italian disfare, and Romanian desface.
- Hyphenation: des‧fa‧zer
- (transitive) to undo; to unfasten
- (transitive) to unpack
- (transitive) to destroy
- (transitive) to dissolve
- (intransitive) to depreciate
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to come undone
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to disappear
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to melt
- (takes a reflexive pronoun) to break up (to end a relationship)
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, transitive with de) to get rid of; to give away
- Estou me desfazendo de meus livros velhos.
- I'm giving my old books away.
Conjugation of desfazer (irregular) (See Appendix:Portuguese verbs)
- “desfazer” in Dicionário Aberto based on Novo Diccionário da Língua Portuguesa de Cândido de Figueiredo, 1913