Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: déviant
- Of or pertaining to a deviation; characterized by deviation from an expectation or a social standard.
- At the trial, the extent of his deviant behavior became clear.
of or pertaining to a deviation
deviant (plural deviants)
- A person who deviates, especially from norms of social behavior.
- He was branded as a deviant and ostracized.
- A thing, phenomenon, or trend that deviates from an expectation or pattern.
- As the graph shows, the March sales trend is the deviant.
person who deviates
thing that deviates
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Words that resemble deviant closely, but have unrelated meanings, include defiant.
- Random House Webster’s Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.
- third-person plural present active indicative of dēviō