Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To draw into a situation; to cause to be involved.
- Avoid him. He will embroil you in his fights.
- 2016 January 31, "Is Huma Abedin Hillary Clinton’s Secret Weapon or Her Next Big Problem?," Vanity Fair (retrieved 21 January 2016):
- Whether it’s palatable for the vice-chairman of Hillary’s presidential campaign to be embroiled in allegations of conflicts of interest, obtaining patronage jobs, or misrepresenting time worked remains to be seen.
- the royal house embroiled in civil war
- To implicate in confusion; to complicate; to jumble.
- The Christian antiquities at Rome […] are so embroiled with fable and legend.
to draw into a situation