Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from get away from)
- (literally) To move away (from).
- Get away from the edge of the cliff!
- Get away from me!
- (with from when used with an object) To avoid capture; to escape (from).
- Surround the bank! Don't let the robber get away!
- I almost caught the critter, but it got away from me.
- (with to when used with an object) To take a break from one's present circumstances; to journey (to), especially on holiday.
- This place is really getting me down. I need to get away for a while.
- Next weekend we're hoping to get away to the seaside.
- To start moving; to depart.
- The train got away exactly on time.
- To slip from one's control.
- I can't cope any more. Things are getting away from me.
- Expressing disbelief.
- You bought that for twenty pounds? Get away!