Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Proto-Vietic *hanʔ, from Proto-Mon-Khmer *(ʔ)anʔ ~ *ʔən; cognate with Car Nicobarese an (“he, she, it”), Pacoh ân (“relative pronoun”). The /h/ appeared in the proto-Vietic stage, which is also seen in hết (“to finish”).
- (archaic) he/him; she/her
- (derogatory) he/him, that son of a gun
- (informal, affectionate) he/him, my boyfriend
- (informal, affectionate) he/him, your boyfriend
- (chiefly Central Vietnam, familiar or informal) Synonym of
- Đi kêu hắn về cho tau!
- Go get him back here!
- Tụi hắn cứ đánh chắc hoài!
- Those idiots keep fighting again and again!