Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (onomatopoeia) An expression of laughter.
- 1886, Peter Christen Asbjørnsen, H.L. Brækstad, transl., Folk and Fairy Tales, page 251:
- "Good evening, Kristen," said I; "what are you telling that creates such fun?" "Hee, hee, hee!" screamed the youngsters, with great glee depicted in their faces; "Kristen has told us about the smith and the devil, and then about the lad who got him into the nut, and now he says he's going to tell us about Peter Sannum, whose horse the fairies stopped on the Asmyr hill."
- (rare) Said accompanying a vigorous attack.
- 1995, Tim Kelly, Dr. Jekyll.. Please Don't Hyde!, page 14:
- Hyde: (Leaps from desk. LADY BUGG runs behind the sofa. HYDE follows.) Hee, hee, hee! LADY BUGG: Help! Murder! Police!
- 1999, Mona the Vampire, "Attack of the Living Scarecrow" (season 1, episode 1a):
- Mona: Hee! Ha! Ho! Ha! The brain buffet is closed, buddy! Take that! And this!
- 2003, Walter Wangerin, The Crying for a Vision, page 14:
- Listen! Fire Thunder sprang from the back of the dying pony to the back of a passing buffalo! Hee-hee! He landed facing the tail! He grabbed that tail and twisted it and made his buffalo go wherever he wanted to go. Hee-hee!
hee (personal pronoun)
- Obsolete spelling of (sometimes emphatic).
- Mohamed Hassan Kamil (2015) L’afar: description grammaticale d’une langue couchitique (Djibouti, Erythrée et Ethiopie), Paris: Université Sorbonne Paris Cité (doctoral thesis)
- hie (southern Moselle Franconian)
- Alternative spelling of .
- second/third-person singular/plural future independent of
- Hee eh adsyn cloie 'syn aer. ― He will see them playing in the air.
- Fark as hee oo! ― Wait and (you will) see!
- Alternative form of
hee n (plural heeia)