haya (plural hayas)
- wake, to lay out a body prior to burial in order to allow family and friends to pay their last respects.
- rōmaji reading of
haya f (plural hayas)
The feminine noun haya is like other feminine nouns starting with a stressed a sound in that it takes the definite article el (normally reserved for masculine nouns) in the singular when there is no intervening adjective:
However, if an adjective intervenes between the article and the noun, the article reverts to la.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of haber.
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of haber.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of haber.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of haber.