Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A backward kick, a retrograde movement of an extremity.
- 2010, Christina T. Loguidice, Bill Loguidice, Wii Fitness For Dummies:
- Kickbacks work the triceps muscle at the back of your arm. Exercising these muscles helps eliminate arm jiggle.
- (countable) A covert – often illegal – payment in return for a favor consisting of providing an opportunity of chargeable transaction.
- (uncountable, firearms, machinery) Recoil; a sudden backward motion, usually in the direction of the operator.
- (countable, machinery) An accident wherein an object being cut by a rotating blade or disk, such as a circular saw, is caught by the blade and thrown outward.
- (oil industry) A dangerous buildup of gas pressure at the wellhead.
- (countable, bowling) The board separating one bowling lane from another at the pit end.
- (uncountable, bridge) In contract bridge, an ace asking convention initiated by the first step above four of the agreed trump suit.
- (pinball) A feature that saves the ball from draining and propels it back into play.
- 1973, Doug Anderson, “Pinball Wizard”, in Texas Monthly, volume 1, number 7, August 1973, page 84:
- We've come a long way since then. The progeny of that nail have been bent and twisted into what we all know and love as roll overs, kickbacks, and thumper-bumpers.
- A relaxed party.
- Synonym: kicker
covert payment in return for a favor
sudden backward motion; recoil
accident wherein an object is caught by the blade and thrown outward
dangerous buildup of gas pressure at the wellhead
board separating one bowling lane from another at the pit end
an ace asking convention (in contract bridge)
feature that saves the ball and propels it back into play (pinball)