Jump to navigation Jump to search
repeater (plural repeaters)
- One who or that which repeats.
- (education) A student repeating a course or class.
- (medicine) A patient who repeatedly presents with the same symptoms.
- (marketing) A consumer who repeatedly purchases the same goods or services.
- (US) One who votes more than once at an election.
- (ufology) A person who regularly sees unexplained sightings of paranormal phenomena.
- (firearms, dated) A gun that has a store of cartridges and does not need reloading after each shot.
- Antonym: single-shot
- A telegraphic instrument for automatically retransmitting a message.
- (electronics) An electronic device that receives a weak or low-level signal and retransmits it at a higher level or higher power.
- (horology) A watch with a striking apparatus which, upon pressure of a spring, will indicate the time, usually in hours and quarters.
- (nautical) A frigate appointed to attend an admiral in a fleet, and to repeat the admiral's signals.
- (nautical) A pennant used to indicate that a certain flag in a hoist of signal is duplicated[19th century].
- (mathematics) A repeating decimal.
- (textiles) In calico printing, a design repeated at equal intervals in a pattern.
electronics: an electronic device that received a weak or low-level signal and retransmits it at a higher level or power
a gun that has a store of cartridges and does not need reloading after each shot
a person who regularly sees unexplained sightings of paranormal phenomena
a student repeating a course or class
- repeater on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- repeater (horology) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- repeating rifle on Wikipedia.Wikipedia