Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- savor (chiefly US)
- Rhymes: -eɪvə(r)
savour (plural savours)
- the specific taste or smell of something.
- a distinctive sensation
- Why is not my life a continual joy, and the savour of heaven perpetually upon my spirit?
- Sense of smell; power to scent, or trace by scent.
- beyond my savour
- (intransitive) to possess a particular taste or smell, or a distinctive quality.
- This savours not much of distraction.
- I have rejected everything that savours of party.
- Rev. Joseph Bellamy
- Begone, thou impudent wretch, to hell, thy proper place: thou art a despiser of my glorious majesty, and your frame of spirit savours of blasphemy.
- (transitive) to appreciate, enjoy or relish something.
savour — see savor
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.