Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈstɛlə/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American) enPR: stĕl'ər, IPA(key): /ˈstɛlɚ/
- Rhymes: -ɛlə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: stel‧lar
- (astronomy, not comparable) Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of stars.
- (by extension) Exceptional.
- Synonym: wonderful
- The actress gave a stellar performance.
- 2012, Linda A. Jenkins, “What is Social Lending?”, in Creative Financing: How to Get a Small Business Loan without a Banker, Gold Alliance Group, →ISBN, page 1:
- Where a bank may automatically reject any borrower based on a bad credit score, this is not true for all social lending networks. You can still have a less than stellar score and obtain funding as long as you can convince a peer tha your project is worthy or your business model is strong.
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of stars
stellar (strong nominative masculine singular stellarer, not comparable)
Positive forms of stellar (uncomparable)