Jump to navigation Jump to search
teat (plural teats)
- (anatomy) The projection of a mammary gland from which, on female mammals, milk is secreted.
- 1936, Rollo Ahmed, The Black Art, London: Long, page 107:
- Milk formed their chief diet, and this they were supposed to imbibe from the witch herself, from a third "teat" which had been made beneath the arm by a nip from the Devil's pincers.
- Something resembling a teat, such as a small protuberance or nozzle.
- An artificial nipple used for bottle-feeding infants.
projection of mammary gland
feeding bottle top
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked