Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of current interest; contemporary.
- Fair trade has become quite a topical subject.
- Local to a particular place
- (medicine, not comparable) Applied to a localized part of the body.
- (medicine, not comparable) Applied externally (to the surface of the skin or eye).
- Arranged according to topic or theme; thematic.
- (medicine: applied locally): systemic
local to a particular place
applied to a localized part of the body
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
topical (plural topicals)
- (pharmacology) A topical anaesthetic.