Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To cause to move in a wavelike motion.
- Breath vocalized, that is, vibrated and undulated.
- (transitive) To cause to resemble a wave
- (intransitive) To move in wavelike motions.
- (intransitive) To appear wavelike.
transitive: cause to move in a wave
transitive: cause to resemble a wave
intransitive: move in wavelike motions
intransitive: resemble a wave
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Wavy in appearance or form.
- Changing the pitch and volume of one's voice.
- (botany, of a margin) sinuous, winding up and down.
wavy in appearance or form