Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
generator (plural generators)
- One who, or that which, generates, begets, causes, or produces.
- (chemistry) An apparatus in which vapour or gas is formed from a liquid or solid by means of heat or chemical process, as a steam boiler, gas retort etc.
- (music) The principal sound or sounds by which others are produced; the fundamental note or root of the common chord; -- see also generating tone.
- (mathematics) An element of a group that is used in the presentation of the group: one of the elements from which the others can be inferred with the given relators.
- (programming) A subordinate piece of code which, given some initial parameters will generate multiple output values on request.
- A piece of apparatus, equipment, etc, to convert or change energy from one form to another.
mathematics: an element of a group that is used in the presentation of the group
apparatus: electrical generator