Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any of a series of long curved bones occurring in 12 pairs in humans and other animals and extending from the spine to or toward the sternum
- A part or piece, similar to a rib, and serving to shape or support something
- A cut of meat enclosing one or more rib bones
- (nautical) Any of several curved members attached to a ship's keel and extending upward and outward to form the framework of the hull
- Any of several transverse pieces that provide an aircraft wing with shape and strength
- (architecture) A long, narrow, usually arched member projecting from the surface of a structure, especially such a member separating the webs of a vault
- (knitting) A raised ridge in knitted material or in cloth
- (botany) The main, or any of the prominent veins of a leaf
- A teasing joke
- (Ireland, colloquial) A single strand of hair.
- A stalk of celery.
cut of meat
part of a ship’s framework
architecture: member projecting from the surface
ridge in knitted material
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- To shape, support, or provide something with a rib or ribs
- To tease or make fun of someone
- He always gets ribbed for his outrageous shirts.
Derived terms 
- (anatomy) rib
- Je kunt haar ribben tellen.: She is so skinny. (literally: You can count her ribs.)
- Dat is een rib uit mijn lijf.: That is so expensive. (literally: That's a rib from my body.)
- a truss (wooden frame)
Scottish Gaelic 
rib (present participle ribeadh)