厠 (radical 27, 厂+9, 11 strokes, cangjie input 一月金弓 (MBCN), composition ⿸厂則)
- mingle with
- toilet, lavatory
- KangXi: page 162, character 13
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 2981
- Dae Jaweon: page 370, character 1
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 1, page 75, character 12
- Unihan data for U+53A0
|For pronunciation and definitions of 厠 – see 廁 (“toilet, lavatory; to mingle with; etc.”).|
(This character, 厠, is a variant form of 廁.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
Generally thought to be a compound of kawa and ya. Literally "river house", specifically a small building erected either near or over a stream used as a toilet.
The kanji 厠 is ateji. Other ateji include 圊 and 溷.
厠 • (kawaya) (historical kana かはや)
- A place used for excreting human waste. Toilet.
厠 • (cheuk) (hangeul 측, revised cheuk, McCune–Reischauer ch'ŭk)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text