Jump to navigation Jump to search
Platine (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to the River Plate (Río de la Plata) or its basin.
- The Platine War was fought between August of 1851 and February of 1852.
- Paranhos, father of the Barão do Rio Branco, was a foremost statesman of the monarchy and celebrated for his Platine diplomacy.
- “Platine”, in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Platine f (genitive Platine, plural Platinen)
- (electronics) printed circuit board, PCB
- (clockmaking) component of watches on which cogs are mounted
- Synonym: Werkplatte
- (photography) lens board
- Synonym: Objektivplatine
- small plate used for certain early industrial textile machines
- flat block of metal that is to be rolled out into thin sheets
Declension of Platine [feminine]