- An industrial city in Lancashire, England.
- Several other towns and villages.
- An unincorporated community in Georgia, USA, and the county seat of Webster County.
- A city in Idaho, USA, and the county seat of Franklin County.
- An English surname derived from any of the placenames.
- A male given name, transferred from the surname.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.