- (General American) IPA(key): /vəˈniʃən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /vɪˈniːʃən/
- Rhymes: -iːʃən
Venetian (not comparable)
- Of, from, or relating to Venice, Italian city.
relating to Venice
Venetian (plural Venetians)
- An inhabitant or a resident of Venice and the surrounding area.
- (colloquial) A Venetian blind.
1859, Mowbray Thomson, The Story of Cawnpore:
- We never saw her ladyship, but the attendants told us, that the Venetians of her apartments were not impenetrably opaque from within, and that the old lady had seen us, and was concerned for our welfare.
- (obsolete, in the plural) galligaskins
inhabitant of Venice
- The Romance language spoken mostly in the Veneto region of Italy. It should not be confused with Venetic, an extinct Indo-European Italic language once spoken in the same area.
- The form of this language spoken in Venice.
Romance language spoken in Veneto
form of Venetian spoken in Venice
- Wiktionary's coverage of Venetian terms
- ISO 639-3 code vec (SIL)
- Linguist List entry for Venetic, code vec