Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -uːs
- (transitive) To bring forward or offer, as an argument, passage, or consideration which bears on a statement or case; to cite; to allege.
- Reasons ... were adduced on both sides. - Thomas Babington Macaulay.
- Enough could not be adduced to satisfy the purpose of illustration. - Thomas de Quincey.
- Whoever in discussion adduces authority, uses not reason but memory. - Leonardo da Vinci
- For I am well aware that scarcely a single point is discussed in this volume on which facts cannot be adduced, - Charles Darwin
to bring forward or offer, as an argument, passage, or consideration