Jump to navigation Jump to search
Non-Sino-Vietnamese reading of Chinese 匏 (“gourd”, SV: biều, bào).
(classifier cây) bầu • (蔀, ⿱艹瓿)
- Lagenaria siceraria (calabash vine, bottle gourd)
- (by extension) Any plant of genus Lagenaria
- Various varieties of Oryza sativa rice that are usually planted as lúa Chiêm in deep paddies, and are relatively colorful, rather strong, and can be planted in paddies high in alum, for red rice or low-quality rice.
(classifier quả, trái) bầu • (蔀, ⿱艹瓿)
- gourd (hard-shelled fruit from a plant in Lagenaria)
- gourd (dried and hardened shell of a gourd fruit)
- (botany) ovary (lower part of a pistil or carpel that bears ovules)
- (horticulture) rootball
- (nautical) bulbous bow; bulbous stern
- bosom (seat of one's inner thoughts, feelings, etc.)
- (bulbous bow): mũi quả lê
(classifier cái) bầu
- (dialectal) womb; baby bump
- a space of something
- Chú chim lượn trên bầu trời. ― The bird hovers in the sky.
- Chúng tôi không muốn thở cùng một bầu không khí. ― We didn't want to breathe the same air.
- to be pregnant
- (to be pregnant): có bầu
Non-Sino-Vietnamese reading of Chinese 保 (SV: bảo).
- (to elect): tuyển chọn, bầu bán (derogatory)
- "bầu" in Hồ Ngọc Đức, Free Vietnamese Dictionary Project (details)
- Vietnamese terms with IPA pronunciation
- Vietnamese terms derived from Chinese
- Vietnamese nouns classified by cây
- Vietnamese lemmas
- Vietnamese nouns
- Vietnamese nouns classified by quả
- Vietnamese nouns classified by trái
- Vietnamese nouns classified by cái
- Vietnamese dialectal terms
- Vietnamese terms with usage examples
- Vietnamese adjectives
- Vietnamese verbs