Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Coquille
coquille (plural coquilles)
- A dish (meal), especially a seafood dish, served in an actual scallop shell or a dish (container) shaped like a shell.
- A scallop shell or a dish (container) shaped like one, especially when used to serve the aforementioned food.
- A form of ruching used as a dress trimming or for neckwear, named from the manner in which it is gathered or fulled.
coquille f (plural coquilles)
- (shell-shaped) dish; scallop
- typo, misprint
- (sports) jockstrap, athletic protector; groin guard, box, cup (protection for the male genitals)
- (medicine) vacuum mattress (for spinal immobilization)
- (medicine) egg crate mattress (for prevention of bedsores)
- “coquille” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- shell (hard protective outer layer of some animals)