Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɝsɪv/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɜːsɪv/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)sɪv
- Running; flowing.
- (of writing) Having successive letters joined together.
- (grammar) Of or relating to a grammatical aspect relating to an action that occurs in a straight line (in space or time).
having successive letters joined together
- (countable) A cursive character, letter or font.
- (countable) A manuscript written in cursive characters.
- (uncountable) Joined-up handwriting.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
cursive f (plural cursives)
- cursive letter
- “cursive”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.