Jump to navigation Jump to search
directory (plural directories)
- A list of names, addresses etc, of specific classes of people or organizations, often in alphabetical order or in some classification.
- look up an address in the directory
- (computing) A structured listing of the names and characteristics of the files on a storage device.
- (computing) A virtual container in a computer's file system, in which files and other directories may be stored. The files and subdirectories in a directory are usually related.
- (structured listing): folder
list of names, addresses etc.
structured listing of files
directory (not comparable)