Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
fishy (plural fishies)
- Of, from, or similar to fish.
- What is that fishy odor?
- Suspicious; inspiring doubt.
1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 3, in The Celebrity:
- Now all this was very fine, but not at all in keeping with the Celebrity's character as I had come to conceive it. The idea that adulation ever cloyed on him was ludicrous in itself. In fact I thought the whole story fishy, and came very near to saying so.
- I don't trust him; his claims seem fishy to me.
- (LGBT slang) Appearing feminine (of drag queens).
of, from, or similar to fish
suspicious; inspiring doubt