Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: hi-jack
- To forcibly stop and seize control of some vehicle in order to rob it or to reach a destination (especially an airplane, truck or a boat).
- To seize control of some process or resource to achieve a purpose other than its originally intended one.
- (computing) To seize control of a networked computer by means of infecting it with a worm or other malware, thereby turning it into a zombie.
- (computing) To change software settings without a user's knowledge so as to force that user to visit a certain web site (to hijack a browser).
- (politics) To introduce an amendment deleting the contents of a bill and inserting entirely new provisions.
to seize control of a vehicle
hijack (plural hijacks)
- An instance of hijacking; the illegal seizure of a vehicle.
- An instance of a seizure and redirection of a process.
- (politics) An amendment which deletes the contents of a bill and inserts entirely new provisions.
- (poker slang) Preflop, the position two before the dealer.
instance of hijacking of a vehicle